" The only thing more beautiful than the woman that knows what she wants, is the woman who isn't waiting on anybody else to get it for her."
A lot of men have their stylish, cozy ‘man caves’, but why can’t women have their own personal room to get away and relax in?
A "man cave" = a male retreat or sanctuary in a home, such as a specially equipped garage, spare bedroom or basement.The term "man cave" is a metaphor describing a room inside the house where "guys can do as they please" like a caveman without fear of upsetting any female sensibility about house decor or design.
So, of couse women can create their own "cave" free from males and kids, where they can go to get some peace, relax and pursue their interests. In cooperation with Carish, an exclusive curator- approved online marketplace for vintage furniture, I created a styleboard surrounding my ideal woman cave.
For relaxing, the most important thing: a comfortable sofa and chairs. I chose a grey retro-style sofa from mömax with wooden details. I really like the shape and the details on it. The size is perfect as well. Secondly, I found a beautiful vintage chair on Chairish.com ( www.chairish.com) with a unique and colorful pattern on it. I think it's cool to have a statement piece in your room that has a bit of a different style than the other ones. The website makes it really fun and easy for design lovers to buy and sell vintage furniture and decor. One can definitely find something unique.
I couldn't leave out a desk in my woman cave, cause work never stops. No matter if you are studying, writing, creating, randomly browsing - it is more fun and productive when you feel comfortable with your work space. There are endless possibilities for decorating and DIY's out there!!
When it comes to decoration, there are no limits. Vases, pictures, candles, plants, rugs, pillows. In my room I'd like to have some color accents, like yellow and turquoise. I found the yellow rug with atztec pattern on H&M Home (they have such a cool interior range!!!). Due to my pillow addiction, I chose only two this time, but let's be honest - I'd probably buy more of them ;) Also very important: a cozy blanket on the sofa.
The two paintings are also from Chairish.com, and I have to say it wasn't easy to choose only two. The selection of paintings, drawings, posters, prints and sculptures is endless. On my desk, I'd like to have a candle or a home scent, my JBL speaker (because music is essential!!), a lamp and some storage options.
The possibilities and ideas when creating a "cave" for yourself should be endless and you should definitely take your time and choose wisely so you are 100% comfortable with everything! :)
- Grey sofa :http://www.moemax.at/online-only/wohnen/c13c1/moemax-modern-living/sofa-beatrice-mit-memory-foam.produkt-000080000101
- White desk: http://www.moemax.at/buero-vorzimmer-kleinmoebel/schreibtische/c5c2/based/schreibtisch-space.produkt-001087029701
- Yellow rug: http://www.hm.com/at/product/39997?article=39997-B
- Cushion: http://www.hm.com/at/product/63283?article=63283-G#article=63283-H
- Golden basket: http://www.hm.com/at/product/32879?article=32879-A
- Grey blanket: http://www.hm.com/at/product/98591?article=98591-D
- Vintage chairs: https://www.chairish.com/collection/seating?styles=Retro&page=3
- Paintings: https://www.chairish.com/collection/paintings?styles=Modern
- Home scent: http://www.butlers.at/HOME-SOUL-Raumduft-Pink-Palace-250ml/10199430,default,pd.html
- Yankee candle: http://www.yankeecandle.co.uk/en/eu/peony/peony/invt/1507694e
- JBL GO speaker: http://www.amazon.de/JBL-Aufladbarer-Lautsprecher-AUX-Eingang-Smartphones/dp/B00TFGXGJM